Manager can create public holiday that will be weekend for employees and aren't be counted for absences. This can be done through the portal or the mobile app.
- Login to the portal on https://portal.away4.com
- Go to Administration > Departments
- Click on the Settings button beside root department
- Navigate to Public holidays and Forced absence tab
- Click on Add public holiday button in Public holiday section
- Enter name of holiday, choose type, select date and optionally select a half day
- Click on Save button and click on Save button in the Settings for department pop-up window
The public holiday will be created and will be used for all employees of department.